To deliver holistic primary health care services which;
- Are based on the social justice principles of equity and access
- Address the needs of Aboriginal people, and
- Respect and reflect the cultural values of the communities we serve.
The Derby Aboriginal Health Service has been established by Aboriginal people for Aboriginal people, with the purpose of;
- Empowering Aboriginal people in the prevention and management of ill-health, and in the promotion of well-being for individuals, families and communities, as well as;
- Empowering Aboriginal people in the processes of decision-making, planning and service delivery